Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Space Trilogy

Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1) by C. S. Lewis

This book was written in 1938 by an English author.

I am on the fence with this book.  On one side I wish that it had been longer.  On the other I'm not really sure that I liked it all that much.  I am sure that this is a personal failing.  I loved parts of the premise.  The idea of animal beings on Mars bearing more humanity than humans is interesting.  The concept of Earth falling into an evil sphere is also fun.  I'm just not sure that there is enough to the book for it to be considered great.  The elaboration all focused on the Malacandran landscape, and I would have appreciated more character, and social developments.  However, I am still excited to read the remaining 2 books in the series, and I will add to this post as I complete them.

No comments:

Post a Comment