Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Roasted Cauliflower Fettuccini

I have been cooking from Cooking Light magazine recipes lately, and for the most part really enjoying it.  Last night we had the Roasted Cauliflower Fettuccine featured in the September 2012 issue.  Yes, I have a bit of a backlog, I just can't throw them out without trying the recipes, you never know where you will find a gem! 

Their picture -
Roasted Cauliflower Fettuccine Recipe







My picture -
















Just a bit of difference - LOL.  Overall though it was really tasty.  The predicted time factor was about right at 15 minutes of hands on time, which is important to me since I have a baby to cajole while cooking.  Being able to work separate parts without a huge time factor was a big plus.  I was able to roast the cauliflower and then leave the kitchen.  When it was done wouldn't impact the next step.  I had the sauce ready to go for whenever the pasta was done so the pasta wouldn't have to wait and dry out.  Having the individual components really helps me keep the baby happy, and not ruin supper.  It wasn't super heavy, and the bacon flavor really came through on the sauce.  Portion size (as with most light recipes) can be a bit skimpy.  If you truly do plan to feed 4 I recommend having a green salad for starters, and either bread with it - or a dessert planned.  On to clean-up!  For pans used this was a bit on the high side.  There was the pasta pot, the baking sheet for the cauliflower, and the pan for the sauce.  Three baking pots is a lot to clean up at the end of the day - especially when you don't have an automated dish washer.  Luckily, I was able to leave S to do the clean-up, so I really can't complain.

I enjoyed this dish, but I probably would not put it into weekly rotation due to clean-up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment